Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The weirdest thing that I've heard of in a While!!

O.k......I'm all about Science Fiction. I'm all about advancement of our species. I'm all about knowledge...but...this thing?





The above picture reminds me of the movie Contact (with Jodie Foster). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kht_rJs38Y4 In that movie, we(earthlings) get blueprints from aliens to build a gadget that kinda looks like the thing above. Well...looky here! I found a picture of the Contact Contraption!!! See!! Kinda similar, huh?


Anyway, with the above gadget, us earth people can hope to travel to meet the aliens! Hey.....why in the world not??????? I mean,......sign me up to get into a big weird scary-looking contraption that will take me to only the Good Lord above knows where!!! :o)

O.k......back to REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reason for my post is the following...The first set of pictures on this particular blog entry shows The Large Hadron Collider. It has been built somewhere near the Switzerland/France border, and it is supposed to change our fundamental understanding of the universe. How? Well....click on this link and you'll see!

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/09/the-bosons-that.html#previouspost

It's really kinda interesting, considering it's supposed to be the most expensive scientific "instrument" built as of yet. I'm still a bit unsure as to what it's supposed to do. Some have been a bit upset saying that it would create a Big Black Hole in the center of the earth and suck everything into it...ending life as we know it!!!! I actually didn't hear about this thing till yesterday when a News broadcast reported that "Life as we know it may end tomorrow!". Boy...talk about an opening line!
Well, the testing started today. We're still here, but they're supposed to be running the thing for a long while, so I suppose anything could happen.

If we all get sucked into the center of the Earth by a big man-made black hole, I just want you all to know that I've enjoyed knowing every last one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0