Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just plain old "Mom" now...

Ya know..., it never hit me how much my oldest little boy would change once he turned 4, but changed he has!

He's started using longer sentences, bigger words, wants to wear "big-boy" undies more now (we're still getting there with the potty-training!!), and has decided all of a sudden to call me just plain "Mom!".

Now...some of you may think that this is no biggie....that I shouldn't care what he calls me as long as I love him and he loves me and he doesn't call me "Hey You.....Old Woman!!!".

For whatever reason, it's bugging me...maybe it's the way he says it...."Mom!!!, Mom!, mom, MOM!!!" Kind of in a demanding, right now, LISTEN TO ME kind of way. Gone are the days of Mommy or Mama. My little boy is growing up before our eyes and I'm not sure I like the fast pace of it all. He was our little much-prayed-for baby boy. The sweetest little face and smile. Always happy. Always smiling. Now he's a ball of attitude that spouts off "Mom!"'s like they are going out of style!

Where is all the time going?
Well.....................that is my thought for the day for you all!

So.........for all of you out there with little people to raise...hold them close and tell them you love them every chance you get....cause one day soon, they will turn "old" and start calling you "Mom" too!!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0