Sunday, March 22, 2009

Underwear, Tree Trimming, and Rhubarb!

Hey! How's that for a title!!! Oh! and I left out "Exercising", and Mackie's FIRST walk down to Nana's! A lot went on this weekend!!! Oh! I forgot about finishing up the Kitchen (Cleaning, that is!)
Where to start? Well, Mackie has decided (as was posted earlier a month or so ago) that he LOVES to wear Creston's Undies on top of his pants. Thinks that's the BEST thing in the world! He got a hold of a pair, and on they had to go! We went to Nana's and he took off his coat and showed her what he had on! Smiled from ear to ear! This morning at Church he grabbed at his diaper and said "WET!" I think that's pretty nifty! Maybe we'll get him out of diapers before he turns 2! I'd be o.k. with that since the things cost an arm and a leg anymore!
Nana and Paw-Paw have a treadmill in Mark's old room, so on cold days, I've been "Walking" on it for 10 minutes at a time! I know, I know! Big Exerciser, aren't I????? Mackie wanted to try it, so he and Creston kept getting on it and "walking" in place since it was turned off. Mackie wanted it to "GO!!!!" That wouldn't have lasted too long!!!
The weather was COLD on Friday, so we really didn't go out much at all that day. It was pretty, though. Saturday, it was cool, but nice, so out we went. Mark wanted to trim up all of our trees, so he trimmed, and Creston pushed his Dump Truck around gathering up the clippings and taking them to out "Fire Pit". Big Boy! Mackie just pulled a rake around behind himself! He thought he was cool!
This is a picture of Mackie (and Creston) taking his very first walk by himself (with Creston) down to Nana's! This was a big deal when Creston first did it. He was older than Mackie is now, but since Creston was with him, we let them go. They looked so cute! We told Creston not to let go of his hand and he didn't! They got down to Nana's and both ran across the yard to her!
And finally! What you've all been waiting for! My RHUBARB is coming up this year!! Whoo Hoo!!!! It did a little growing last year, but then flopped over dead, so I was worried that it wouldn't come back! Here it is!!! Ye Haw!!! Doesn't look like much, and you've got to really look to see it, but trust me, it's there!!! Might have to make a pie or something!!!
Anyway.....that's all the fun and excitement that I've got to share from our corner of the world. The Bristol Race was today....we can usually see the Jet Fighter Planes zoom over our house after they do their "Fly-Overs", but didn't seem them today! I got the kids out in the yard and everything. A different plane flew over, though, so I yelled "There it is!!!!! Look!!!!" It amused them.......they're 4 and 1 1/2! I'm bad! Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0