Saturday, July 25, 2009

The new Kitten!

Only after having found out that we have a rather large field mouse infestation, did we decide that we needed to get another cat. All of our other cats have met their demise in the last year due to old age, cold, and Coyotes!

Doesn't that picture make you all warm and fuzzy inside????

Anyway......we decided after finding 2 jump out of our NEW car (mice, that is, NOT Coyotes!), that we needed to get a cat and FAST!!! But.....we would need to get a kitten, so that Otis would like it...I wanted a grown cat (to kill the mice), but Mark insisted that a grown cat wouldn't get along with Otis......oh me!!!

So.............................about 7:55ish yesterday a.m....... Vickie Richardson called me from the Boone Wal-Mart....telling me of a stray kitten that had walked into the store behind a customer. Would we want it??? Yes, but I couldn't go to get it........she would bring it to us after she got off of work! Praise be to God!!! A Cat right out of nowhere! And found in Wal-Mart!! Of all places!!! A friend of mine pointed out that was her kind of cat!!! Yes-sir-eee! My kind of cat too!

So......due to the location of the finding, and the cuteness of the cat, we named him Wally! And this is him!!! Got LOTS of personality! My Dad would have loved that!!! I really do think that he resembles a bat!! Mackie sharing... More sharing..... Poor cat...at one point, all that was in his bed were toys...I had to tell Mackie to stop...Mack got upset! The cat got nervous! I got a Tylenol!This one is for Phillip! Mack is telling the cat "Allll-riiiight!" with his thumbs up!!

Creston & Mackie both fell in love with him! Creston can't seem to understand that he is a HE and not the She that he keeps calling him...Mackie wants to share all of his toys, trucks, shoes, and pacifiers with him.

Hopefully, the cat will last past this first initial "yee-haw!" period!

We shall see!!! he's a real cutie, though, and sooo loveable!!!

(AND....loves to sit in my peace lilly ~ if you know what I mean!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0