Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Stars!

I'm kinda crazy in that I REALLY like making ornaments for the tree! I like the colored balls and lights and all that jazz, but really and truly, I like to put handmade ornaments on the tree! So far (since Mark and I have been married) I have made felt mittens, glass beaded stars and "icicles" dough ornaments in the shape of trees, stars, and gingerbread men, pipe-cleaner candy canes, and beaded wreaths! Quite the collection! I want the boys to remember that mommy made those, even if they ARE cheesy. As they get older, I'll have them help me make the ornaments too! I'd like to make 1 new set of something each year! We might not have enough room on the tree for all of them each year, but it'll give us a selection to choose from!
THIS year, I decided to add a bit of color and make these stars!!!! This is how I did it!! I used 1 sheet of felt for 1 ornament...fold it in half and trace a star shape (I used this cookie cutter to get a good shape).
Cut the star out...(cut a little bigger than the traced line)
Then heat up the glue gun, turn the traced sides to each other to hide the pen marks and glue everything but a 2" hole to put the stuffing into!
Stuff the little boogers and hold the "hanger" in place (I used narrow ribbon) while you hot glue the hole closed!
And THERE you have it!!! Little puffy colorful STARS for your tree!!!!!
Here they are on the tree! I think they add a nice little burst of color!
The End!!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0