Monday, February 15, 2010

Catching up...

I've not posted in a few days.......not felt much like it. We had to have our Doggie, Otis put to sleep last week after noticing that she was breathing really hard. Mark and Creston loaded her up into the truck and took her to see the vet. and he found that one of her lungs had collapsed and that the other one was filled with fluid. Otis was nearly 14 years old, so basically, they could have done several things to try to help, but the vet. didn't think that she could have stood it. The weather was horrible the next few days and Mark had to work the very next day. When he heard how bad she was, the Vet. mentioned putting her to sleep. Mark couldn't leave work, and the Vet. was closed the next day, so he didn't want her to suffer for 2 more days until her could get to see her and be there when they put her down. They went ahead last Monday and put her to sleep. I felt so badly about it since none of us were there with her.....I had no idea that would happen when they took her to the vet.

So.................this past Saturday, Mark went to pick up her body and brought her home so that we could bury her on our property. It was snowing and we had to remove about 7-9 inches of snow to even get to the ground to dig the hole, but the ground wasn't frozen. That was a blessing. We burried her and will put a marker on her grave when all this snow melts off.

Mark seems to be o.k., but she was his baby.....she loved him and he loved her. There won't ever be another dog like Otis. She was a good, GOOD girl! She loved us and the boys and was always so sweet and friendly!

It's strange with her not being here now. I never used to think twice about "strange" noises before, because I knew that if anything "weird" was going on, that Otis would bark or chase stuff away! Now........there's no Otis to listen for me when Mark is gone.

We'll have to get another doggie sometime soon, but I almost hate to do it. I don't want to replace Otis. I don't deal well with moving on, I suppose.

I know that she's better off and I'm glad that she didn't die here while she was in pain or not able to catch her breath. That would have been more awful...

So.................I have many things to post, but I'll just have to fill in the blanks later on. Hopefully all of you are doing well and having a GREAT SNOWY WINTER!!! I know that we definately are having the Snowy part!!! :o)

Love to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0