Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My newest "Project"

Hey there, everyone!!! I've been working on something for the last week and a half and I am finally ready to reveal it to all of you!!!

I have been making little "Pillowcase Dresses" to sell on Etsy and Ebay!!! These dresses range in size from Girls 12-months to 5T.

Now.......WHY DRESSES, Martha? You have BOYS, Martha! (This is what Mark said when I told him what I was going to do!!) Because............I have tons of fabric sitting in my basement just waiting for me to do something with it ~ most of it girly. Sooooooooo...the other day, I ran across the most adorable Pillowcase Dress on Etsy and thought about it and decided that I could make those and sell them too!!!

So...........I pulled out all of my fabric, and washed it up and started looking to see what I would be able to make with all the different fabric sizes and colors that I had!

Some of my pieces of fabric were smaller than others, so I just made up what I could out of what I had......put a size to them, and have posted them all for sale!

I'm pretty excited about this because I really love to be creative and crafty and this way, I'm doing that while hopefully making a few extra dollars!

I've also learned a few new sewing styles to make the dresses more "finished" looking! It's been a little interesting, but for the most part really FUN!!! I've even had Mackie and Creston model some of them for me to make sure they were fitting correctly and long enough! I PROMISED Mark, though, that I would NOT post any of those pictures on here to embarrass them with, so........you'll just have to imagine. Creston about died when I asked him to put one on to help mommy.....He said "I AM NOT A GIRL!!!"

So.............if you'll click on the ETSY Button at the top right hand side of my blog, it will take you to my Etsy Store ~ Patchwork Blessings! If this goes well, I'll add more things to the store as I get them made and I'm hoping to figure out a way to make Deck Shorts for the little boys for this Spring and Summer! I'll be working on that next! So.................stay tuned to see what I'm up to as far as this endeavor goes and pray that this will go well for me!!! Thanks everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0