Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This year for Mother's Day, Mark & I took both of our moms (and their husbands) out to eat at the Mayflower in Elizabethton. We had a really nice time eating together and then afterwards, mom had us all back over to their house for cake!! It was YUMMY!
In the past I have tried to write up something mushy and gushy about being a mom and about MY mom, but this year, I didn't post at all! (This post is BACK-Dated!!) I am truly sorry for not being more into posting this year. We've had lots of things going on and I've been up to my eyeballs making dresses and shorts, so HOPEFULLY, I'll get back to being the good little blogger that I once was!
Here I am with my SWEET boys! It's HARD to get everyone's attention at the same time!
Here are single pictures of me with Creston...
...and of me with Mackie!
Here are mom, the boys, and me in mom's backyard....with Ron in the background!
Here is a REALLY good picture of Mark with his parents and the boys!
Here's a good one of Ron, Mackie, Me, Creston, & Mommy!!!
And here is one of me and my sweet mommy!!! I love her so much!
Blog post on time or no blog post on time, being a mommy is one of the most rewarding and challenging things that I've ever done. I'm finding with each year the boys are getting older that I'm thinking back to when I was little and how HORRID of a child I must have been for mom & dad to deal with!!! Maybe horrid is too strong a word.........strong willed...I think that's what daddy called me. "Lots of Character!" Shew! I know I was a challenge, and I'm getting it back double now! (I've been appologizing to mom every so often for things I KNOW I did that drove her up the wall! SORRY MOM!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!)
I love my little people, through it all, and am so glad to be their mommy. I can't gloss it all over and say that life is a bed of roses and that I awake each morning with a song in my heart and a smile on my face...sometimes I awaken to Creston poking me in the forehead and saying "Mom....I'm hungry!! Can you make me a peanut butter sam-wich?", BUT I do appreciate the fact that God chose me to be their mommy and I know that somehow, through it all, I WILL be important to them in the long run. I DO so want to be a positive influence to them...I know I'vc said that all before. It's just that I REALLY want them to remember me as a happy mommy and not as the short-tempered hag of a woman that I can sometimes be. Honestly.....a hag!
So.........I will once again vow to TRY to be a little less uptight, and a little more calm-natured. I want to enjoy all these moments with the boys and I want to have them remember their childhood as sweetly as possible.
So..........I LOVE you, mom! I LOVE my children! I LOVE my husband and I LOVE all of my family! I HOPE that all of you had a GREAT Mother's Day too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0