Monday, August 4, 2008

Creston and his Crossbite!


This is a picture of Creston's FIRST cleaning! He had actually bee a couple of times before for a particualr reason, but this was his actual very first cleaning!
Now...Not sure if you can tell or not...his smile is a bit crooked on one side. This is due to a crossbite that he has developed. The Dentist said that a pacifier could have caused it. Mark believes whole-heartedly that it HAD to have been a pacifier. (this is because I allowed him to suck on the thing until he was 2 1/2).
Anyway, his upper set of teeth meet behind the lower ones on one side. The Dentist has been watching it, and it's not gotten any better, so tomorrow morning at 9:10, we are going to go have an appliance put on his upper teeth to help push his teeth outward and to help mold his upper pallate. (Hope that I spelled that right!) He'll have to wear the whole shebang for about 6 months total. We have been told that it is better to do this when they are young and their teeth aren't set quite yet. It's not supposed to hurt so much this way. I really hope so. I hate for him to hurt, but I'd hate for his mouth to be deformed later on too.
So, hopefully, by this time tomorrow, the metal mess will be in, Creston will think that it's COOL, and mashed potatoes and applesauce will be eaten by all!!!
I had braces....I know the diet well.
I feel a milkshake stop will be occuring tomorrow on Creston's and Daddy's way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0