Tuesday, August 5, 2008

He did it!

Creston did a GREAT job today!

This is him getting out of the car to go in to the Dentist's office...
This is Creston playing while waiting to be seen...
This is Creston being fitted with his appliance before the doctor glued it in...
This is Creston in perfect condition, at McDonald's eating and drinking like before...
This is what the appliance looks like...
I'm not really sure how it works, because to me...it looks like a flimsy piece of metal with a spring in the middle...doesn't look strong enough to spread apart his upper palate, but I'm no dentist. All I know is that he didn't cry, didn't fight us over it, and has done well with it so far. He calls it "My rings". He'll say "My rings hurts, mama....get them OUT!". I'd sy that they are a bit sore on his back gums where they had to cement them on. He's going to have to learn how to talk around it too...he's got a bit more of a lisp today than usual, but we can work with that just fine! He keeps asking when we can take it off. I just tell him that he'll have to wear it for a good long while. The doc. yest. said that he may have to wear it for up to a year depending on how fast the adjustment takes place. That's a long time! We'll do it, though. Poor little guy! Apparently, this is a pretty common thing for kids his age.
We'll see how well he does with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0