Thursday, August 21, 2008

Finally....I'm posting again!!!

Hey everyone!!
I took a Loooonnnngggg break from posting, didn't I?

We've all had the crud.....a LOT of CRUD!!! I got it first from the Good Lord only knows where, and then I gave it to Creston, then to Mackie, then to Mark, then to Dorothy........PaPaw Mack is the only one well at the moment, and I'm not holding my breath on that one! I, myself, am on day 9 of the happy mess! Hope it goes away soon!

Sooooo...................I'll lump a bunch of things together in this post!!

Lets see......... around the first of the month, Mark's Aunt Jean's kids gave her a surprise 80th birthday party at her Church's Fellowship hall!!! She was VERY surprised and almost didn't come!! She called Patsy's cell phone and told her that she didn't think that she would go with them to "eat lunch for her birthday", not sure of the reason......Patsy promptly sent out troops to get her and bring her in!!
Then........as most of you know, Mom and Ron drive a Semi all over the country. Her 60+ birthday was July 31st, and since she wasn't home then, we ran down for a few minutes when she was home and celebrated with her for a little bit!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!
Mom and Ron threw a ball to Creston and Mackie before we left.

ALSO on this visit, Mom gave me HER Daewoo since she had just purchased a Brand New Kia Sorento! (Don't have a picture of the Green Daewoo Nubira just yet.....been tooo sick to do much of anything lately!)

Crystal.....if you're reading, never fear.....I will post pictures of our newst car soon! (She likes to make fun of me for my "Article" I posted earlier about getting the New Ford!!!)

Yes, yes, yes,.......we now have an official Car Lot on our hands...........don't question it, just allow us to assess our multitude of vehicles and go from there! :o) All I can say is that the Daewoo's will remain in mint condition until the boys start driving!!!! YES....I WOULD do that to my child! Boys, get READY to be picked on when you turn 16!
And finally.........here are a few pictures of our garden.....and Mackie screaming his little guts out!
I'm kinda proud of it this year......I know, I know.....it looks overgrown.....but if you had seen our garden the last few years, you'd be proud of us too! We've actually had to use a weed-eater in the past to get through the thing! This year, we broke down and bought a tiller, and things have been much better. The Onions didn't do so well, and I pretty much killed our cucumber plants and most of the tomatoe vines with Rot-Stop stuff...........We're still getting a truck-load of tomatoes off the remaining vines, though, so I didn't do all that bad!!!
That's all for now!!!!
Hope that everyone is doing well in your neck of the woods!
My Uncle Gary and Aunt Hazel are going through the Hurricane (Tropical Storm Fran or faye, or whatever it's called) at the moment, so let's all pray that everyone is safe down that way and that Florida doesn't float off into the Ocean!
Love you all!!!
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0