Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hurricane Weather!

This is what it looks like here today! Between all day yesterday and some of this morning, we've had over 2" of rain fall so far! I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!!! I think it's GREAT!!! I'm a gloomy-weather type of person! Sunshine is o.k., but gimme a good gloomy day with some rain or snow and I'm good to go!!

The boys (that includes Mark too) and I have still been getting over this crud that we got from somewhere. They are all still proclaimimg that I brought it home from the office. We've all had different symptoms, so I'm holding out on the appologies!!
I've been working more at home (in the evenings and on the weekends) these past few weeks (when I've not been dying from this mess), so my blogging entries have suffered some.
I'll try to fill in a little bit more!
2 weekends ago, (just before I got really sick), we got the notion to hop in the car on a Friday morning and have Mack and Dorothy follow us down to Pigeon Forge again for the night. We had a really good time at Dollywood and that evening took Nana & Pa-paw to the TRACK for some go-cart fun!!
Nana, Mackie, and I watched from the sidelines! (That was fine with me....)

We did some shopping the next day, then came home! We're hoping to go back down sometime in the end of September or early October for Mark's Birthday so we can all ride the train in Bryson City! http://www.gsmr.com/ They have a 4 1/2 hour round-trip ride that would be so pretty in the fall! Hope we can make that happen!

Mark worked this past Sunday, so that afternoon, I took the boys to the park in Banner Elk! It really is a beautiful park and there is so much to do there if you have kids!
It would be so great if we could get a park like this in our area! We have to drive off the mountain to let the kids play if School is in Session...there is a fairly new playground at the local elementary school, & we hate to "hang around" if school's in. The school is scheduled to be closing sometime in the near future, so I'm hoping that they will leave the playground and possibly turn the school into a fully-functioning community center with even more playground equipment! Hate to see the school go, but maybe something good can come out of it.

Let's see......what else has happened????? Oh!!! I know.......

Nana got a new kitten!
It found it's way to Nana and Papaw's yard and has stayed ever since!!! Creston saw it and it came to Creston and Creston said "It loves me!" Nana asked Creston what they could name it and he said "Hmmmmm......TRACTOR!". So...................now Nana and Papaw have a pet Tractor living at their house!!!
Well, I guess that's it for now.....there will be plenty more to type about later!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Martha! I love a good rainy day or few days every now and then especially during summer months. Hope you all get to feeling well again SOON! It's NO good feeling yucky especially as a BUSY MOMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, you're back! Glad everyone is recovering! :) "Tractor!" It's the little things that are so special! :)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0