Thursday, December 25, 2008

A BEAUTIFUL Christmas Day!

Today was the picture of perfect weather........if it had been Easter!!! :o) However, it wasn't so bad for Christmas Day. The skies were clear and it got up around 40+. The wind wasn't blowing too much, so it was really pleasant.

We got up around 7:15 (with the help of the alarm...) and got dressed and started breakfast! We had Mack and Dorothy come up near 8:00am to watch the kids open their presents from Santa. The boys were both really excited. (We did have to wake them BOTH up, however). They opened and opened and opened! Creston got his BIG Fire Truck...
...and a smaller Pumper Truck....
...and Mackie got his Little People Barn, x-tra animals, & 2 tractors

......which Creston immediately took away from him...

Oh......to have a Brother!

Needless to say...LOTS 'o loot was showered upon these two little people. Everyone is always so nice to us and to the boys...Thank you all for the gifts that you sent for the boys!

Christmas comes quicker and quicker every year. This year, I was going to be ready for it, but with the loss of my job, things just sort-of went downhill at a fast pace. I normally try to be the FIRST person to get my cards in the mail to everyone by 12/1 of each year, but this year, I waited due to work overload and then on 12/1 found out that I would be losing my job. Sooooo.....I tried to send out e-mail Christmas Cards. If I don't have your e-mail address, PLEASE send it to me so that I can add you to my list and keep in touch with you and your families better! Send me your address to parlierfamily@hotmail.com

I am soooo much better at e-mailing than talking on the phone or writing those pre-historic things called letters. Now that I have a little more time, I check my home e-mail more frequently, so I should be able to get back to you sooner!

Again, thank you so much for all of your prayers! We hope that this Christmas season has treated you well and that you were able to remember the real reason for the holiday. Santa is a cute little guy with rosy cheeks and presents for us all, but the true present was Jesus coming to earth in human form to be our ultimate gift.

Please listen to Faith Hill's song "A Baby Changes Everything". I posted the link a few weeks ago, but it's really worth listening to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJI3QXwg-M

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that the rest of your weekend goes wonderfully!!!!!

Martha (Mark, Creston, & Mackie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0