Saturday, March 14, 2009

Zachary is Home!!!

We all got together this evening to visit with Zachary before he has to leave again to go to Camp Geiger on Monday morning. Pretty much the whole family was there. This was our first family get-together since Grandma passed away, so it was a little strange for me, but we all had a good time together.
This is Zachary's "Official" Marine picture. He looks so handsome and grown-up. He's 20, so he IS grown up, but I could sense a difference about him that made him actually seem a lot older than he is. I suppose that is what Boot Camp will do for you. We love him greatly and wish him all the best as he leaves to go on to the School of Infantry at Camp Geiger. I asked him when he'd get to come home again and he wasn't sure. He also stated that he would probably be heading for Afghanistan before the end of the year. He really seems to want to go and I believe he will be an asset to the Marines! (I'm partial!).



I've always been partial to Zachary. He's my cousin, but is only 10 days older than my niece, Melissa, so it's almost like he's my nephew! He made it through Boot Camp and will make it through the rest of his training with flying colors, I'm sure!!!

Here is a link to the Camp Geiger School of Infantry website.... http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/soi/home.shtml

Any single ladies out there,.....he's single! I'm sure that he would LOVE to be someone's pen-pal!!! If anyone knows of anyone who would like to write to him or any of the guys in his group, let me know and I'll get you some addresses and names!!!! (Always the matchmaker!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0