Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Today was a good day. We went to Church with Mack & Dorothy and Mack got a flower for being the oldest Dad there. (He's a good Father to Mark and a good Paw-Paw to the boys!!! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!) We then decided to come down to Eliz. to eat lunch with Mack & Dorothy at the Mayflower. It was really good! The Mayflower was good before, but it closed, and changed owners and it's now even better than before! The prices are still really low too and you get a TON of food!!!

After the Mayflower, we went up to the Cemetary where my Daddy is burried. I wanted to get a picture of me and the boys with Daddy's headstone. I've never done that before. Daddy would have absolutely LOVED my two little boys. He always loved it when little kids were rambunchous! He always said that meant they had "Lots of Character!" He loved Character! He was such a funny little man! I miss my Daddy. I miss him every day, but on days where we remember them most especially, it makes me sad that he is not still here with us, watching his grandsons grow....teaching them all of the things that he knew about. He was such a smart man. He loved to learn and read everything that he could get his hands on. He died just after I turned 19...little did I know just how much I really would miss him and all of the "stories" that he would try to tell me, but that I wouldn't have time for...I just never thought that I would lose my Daddy quite so soon...I was a teenager who was more interested in other things, and that is something that I will always regret. I loved my Daddy, though, and he loved me too. For that, I am truly grateful and will always be glad that I had a Father who loved me enough to let me be me and to want to keep me safe. I love you, Daddy!
Now....on to my Husband! He is actually a lot like my Father......sometimes it's a bit scary!! They say that girls will look for someone like their Fathers to marry, so maybe it's not too scary after all!! Mark is such a strong person who also is incredibly smart and has such a wealth of knowledge in that ole' noggin of his! It really amazes me sometimes how smart he is and how he can remember so many things that he heard or read "in passing". I kid him that he MUST have a photographic memory! He says that he doesn't. I say "Whatever it is, I hope that the boys get it because I don't have a memory like that!!!" I am very blessed to have a husband who loves me and our children and who works hard to allow me to be at home with the kids. The boys have a good Daddy to look up to and they want to be just like him when they get big! A Firefighter!!! (They will probably be Policemen or Tapdancers when it's all said and done, though!) I love you, Mark! We love you, Daddy!!!!!!!

The boys got this little figurine for Daddy for his big day! It's a little boy in a little Fire Pedal Car. Mom & Ron got Creston a little Fire Pedal Car when he was smaller, and this little boy is blonde headed and brown-eyed just like Creston! I tried to find a figurine of a little Blonde haired/blue-eyed boy on a 4-wheeler (for Mackie to give to him), but no luck!!!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!
I also want to tell my Step-Father that I appreciate how good he has been to my Mother and to me these last 8 years and how good he's been to the boys these last 41/2 and 2 years!! Thanks for being so thoughtful! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!
To all the other men out there, I hope that you all have a GREAT Day today!!!! You deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0