Saturday, June 20, 2009

This and That...

This past Thursday, we went with Mack & Dorothy to Winston-Salem to visit a family member who just had surgery this past week. Thankfully, we found her in pretty good spirits considering how sore she was from the surgery. We were able to visit for a good little while (maybe longer than she was up for), and Mark got her to laughing a little...which made her hurt even more from the laughing! So sorry!!!!! They boys got fidget-y and sleepy, so it was time to head back home! Before going out of town, Mark made a pit-stop at the closest Krispy Kreme!!!!!! Winston Salem is the Headquarters for KK!!!!!!!!! Don't know WHY IN THE WORLD JOHNSON CITY GOT RID OF THEIR KK!!!!??????!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!
OOOOOhhhhhhhh Boy!!!!!!! We got a dozen for each household and (to tell ya the truth, we had them eaten by the next morning!!!) YUMMY!!!!!!!

Creston fell asleep on the way home, and I just had to take this picture!!!
Yesterday, Creston lined up all of his "Fire Gear", came and got me out of the shower to tell me that he wanted me to take a picture to put on the 'puter so everyone could see all of his gear!
Went to Boone today to do some errands via Valley Crucis!! (I love to go that way when I can!)This is the new playground behind Valley Crucis Elementary School!!! Looks like we'll have to plan a big group outing there sometime soon to break it in!!!!!! :o) Mark showed me this park the other day. It's up behind the Library in Boone. It's a little park, and it's surrounded by shade trees, but it's really quaint! It's got 2 slides and several swings, a tire swing, and several things to clinb on! It's even got a merry-go-round! I haven't seen one of those in ages!!!!! Creston asked to have his picture made here too! (Hmmmm....I see a trend forming!)
After coming home from Boone this evening, it STORMED like crazy!!!!! I went to our room and the wind was blowing the trees around like they were going to break off at any time (if you've been to our house or seen pictures, we are SURRONDED by GIANT Pine trees and other trees!!! SURROUNDED!! Scared me a bit.......I went to the kitchen (Other side of the house), opened the door, and the rain had stopped, the wind had stopped and all was well with the world! I just need to go get in the bed and cover up my head and not come out till the morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0