Friday, September 25, 2009

Another plant that I can't kill!!!

Coleus plants!!!

I got several of these plants from my Mother-in-law this past summer and planted them in the yard. They grew all big and pretty. Usually I just let stuff die as it turns cold outside (isn't that what EVERYONE does???), HOWEVER, my mom came to visit and as we were wandering around the yard, she saw the plants and said "Have you ever pinched pieces of these off and put them in water and then planted them the next year?" I said "NO!!!" Never knew that I could do that!

So.........snip, snip, snip! She pinched off a good handful of the leafy stalks and in we went to put them into a vase! About 2 weeks +/- later I saw the following.... ROOTS!!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!!! It worked! It was sinple, easy, and it worked! AND........I really like these plants so much because of their really deep and varigated colors, NOW, I will have plants ready to plant for NEXT year! AND....they get REALLY bushy and big, so if I can keep these alive and continue to do this, I will have LOTS to plant from here on out!!! Yippee!!!

(I'm really excited!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0