Saturday, September 26, 2009

ASU vs. Samford Football Game!

O.k. We decided some time ago that we would take Creston to an ASU (Appalachian State University) football game this year! LAST year, on the day that the tickets went on sale, they ALL sold out in a matter of a couple of hours! So.........THIS year, when they went on sale, I was on the phone dialing madly to score us 3 tickets!!

I did and we did and all was right with the world! We were excited! Creston was excited! I found a friend who lent us a Jersey for Creston to wear to the game. We begged Nana & Paw-Paw to watch Mackie for the majority of the day (Noooooot quite ready yet to go to a game!). Everything was all set!
Then........the day of the game came........RAIN!
Rain, rain, rain, everywhere!!! And not the little misty stuff either.........RAAAAAIIIIINN!!!! Yucky!
We made out way to Boone, went by Wal-Mart to pick ME up a Rain Poncho or something to help keep me dry since I couldn't find mine, grabbed a quick bite to eat in the car, and then made out way to the ASU campus to hunt for a parking spot! We FINALLY found one at the Health Department (not very close to the Stadium) and THANKFULLY, the busses were taking everyone to a drop-off point close to the stadium!
We loaded up, and rode to the Music building where we went inside and found a short-cut through the building to the other side so we wouldn't have to go all the way around in the rain (My idea ~ Like it was going to make THAT much difference anyway!)
(Here are my two fellas trekking it towards the stadium!)
Once we could see the stadium, it appeared that they weren't letting anyone in to sit down...in the RAIN...so Mark steered us towards one of the eating places in the Stadium parking lot. Once there, we found that there were PLENTY of places to sit down and eat (we didn't have to eat in a hurry in the car!! ~ Good info. for NEXT year!) and rest before heading back out in the rain to go get our seats!
(Here are Creston and Daddy in their ASU finery! ~ I wanted a picture because I knew once outside, we wouldn't be getting one!)
(Here is Creston modeling the Jersey! Thanks Shana!!!)

Creston was VERY proud of that Jersey! We'll have to get him one...and a football helmet....and a football.....and..... :o)
(Here are Pictures of us on our way towards the Stadium!)

We got to see the BAND March in! YAY!! They were Sooooooo wet! Didn't seem to care, though! I didn't get them in the shot, but there were a couple of (drunken) guys dancing at the band as they marched by us! That was something to see! (I don't get out much!)
(Here are my wet fellers sitting and waiting for the game to start!!)
Here we sit. Creston is looking incredibly excited by this point, and not sure if you can tell it or not, but my "Waterproof" jacket stopped being waterproof about 45 minutes into the occasion! (I was COOOOOOLLLLLDDDDD!!!)
(The band lined up all the way around the field to March on for their pre-game show!)
It was a good game! We lasted until the Third Quarter, and then I just had to go! I couldn't feel my hands anymore and Creston was tired from all of the excitement! We husteled and got back on the bus, got into the car, & got out of our wet clothes and shoes!
THEN, WE WENT TO HUNAN'S TO EAT DINNER!!!!!!
Heck yeah!!!!
The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0