Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well................so much for my last post! Shew!

As I typed the last post LAST Wednesday, I felt GOOD about chores and exercise and making "to do" lists! I was up-beat and ready to tackle the world (and the entire house's clutter!). THEN.....at 4:30 exactly........kaboom! I was suddenly in the tight grip of my second Kidney Stone attack. My first attack was 11 years ago just before Mark and I were married. That time, the pain started and wouldn't let up for anything.....this time (thank goodness) the pain came and went much like contractions.....contractions that lasted a LOT longer than actual contractions!

Mark was working (as is the usual route for our family emergencies), but I called him and demanded that he come home. THEN.....as the pain got worse, I decided that I needed to go to the ER. I was gonna drive myself (why not?), but Mark got his father to come up and get me to bring me in to town. My mother in law came up and got the boys and took them to her house. I think I scared the boys to death as I hobbled around moaning saying "Get your clothes on! Get you shoes on! Get your coats on! Mommy has to go to the Hospital! Hurry!!!" Bless their little hearts. I hate that I scared them, but boy howdy! Mommy was hurting!

Soooooooooooo..........needless to say, Martha hasn't done my Push-ups, and the cleaning schedule has gone by the wayside for the last week. I'm hoping to pick it all back up again full-force tomorrow. (hopefully!)

We're all fighting a cold at the moment......Creston stayed home from school today with a bad cough, but it seems to have gotten better throughout the day.

Oh! Forgot to mention that the 3mm stone passed by itself last Thursday after a really bad period of horrible pain ~ just before we had to leave to go to the doctor. THANK THE LORD! I prayed and prayed that it would come on out and it did. I know that doesn't always happen, but I'm just ever so glad that it did.

We're going to have some tests done to figure out what is making them in me, and also in Mark. With both of us having them, the boys are very likely to have them as well. I can't stand the thoughts of them having an attack this young....or at any age for that matter.

Sooooooo.........keep us in your prayers and pray that I will get all of my energy back soon! I soooo want to get the house in order and feel better in general.

Hope that everyone has a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0