Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Puke, Poop, and all that good stuff!

I tell ya....................someone up above must really get a kick out of putting me in interestingly strange and comically timed situations!

We've all had the crud, but yesterday evening, around 8ish, Creston decided that he needed to start propelling all of the contents from inside of his body to the outside. Since Mark had to work today, and I did not.....he came up with the following bright idea "Sleep in the living room with Creston on the couch, and you sleep in the recliner....that way, he won't wake up Mackie...("or Mark either" I was thinking)" About every 10-15 minutes (if he had just had anything liquid go into his tummy), Creston would vomit into a little trash can I had set in the floor next to the couch. He wouldn't do this, though, unless he proclaimed loudly "Mommy! Garbage can!". Now.........I LOVE my children and wish to be the mommy you see in movies where they rub the backs and get the wet washcloths to wipe their faces with after they've been sick, but I kid you not, this went on 9 times from 11:30 last night until around 3ish this moring......!!!!! Bless his little heart, I was actually pretty worried about him getting dehydrated, so it wasn't all fun and games from my viewpoint, but the story does get more interesting in a few minutes...

Creston's stomach finally settled down after 3ish and he and I were able to sleep some until Mark left for work at 6:15 this morning. Around 7, Creston wanted to "get in you bed!" We moved into our room, where I slept until 9 when Dorothy called to see how Creston was. At that point, Mackie started squirming around. Got him a drink and he settled back down till about 10.

I got up, and started attempting to clean up the mess from last night.....every spare set of clothing and towels had been used in the massive midnight clean-up effort. Mark mentioned that I might see if Dorothy could come up and sit with the boys while I cleaned up really fast. I called, she came.

Almost immediately after she got here, Mackie started throwing up. We were all in the boys room when this happened.....cleaned him up, Dorothy told me to go on and clean up and get some laundry done.....I left her throwing a ball to Mackie in his crib....Next thing I knew, Creston had to "GO!", Dorothy exclaimed that she was "sicker than a Dog", and Mackie looked a bit green around the gills again!

I got Creston on the potty, got Mackie to sit down, and made Dorothy lay down on Creston's bed. She asked me to get the phone so she could call Mack to come and get her....She did.....he did.....He came in the house and half-smiling said "you all about dead?". I said "Pretty much!" He got her home, and apparently, she has done her share of getting rid of the contents of her body this afternoon and evening.

In all of the excitement, I called Mark to see if he would possibly be able to come on back home since everyone was "out of order". He said that he could leave at 7:00pm. I said that was fine. Now................he's coming home to help me and to let ME get some rest so I can go to work tomorrow.............................HE'S SICK NOW!!!!! Came home, said he felt bad, laid down in the living room, went to the bathroom, and has now basically passed out in the bed, shivering with a chill......faintly saying "I came home to help youuuuuuuuuu........."as he passed out into a full-on snore!

Dorothy called about 11:00pm and said that Mack had it too!

At the moment, I am not throwing up or doing anything else, but the night is still young! Everyone is finally in bed and asleep (Mackie wasn't having any part of going to bed tonight). I am going to finish this post and go to bed myself.

If anyone so much as acts like they are going to heave-ho, I will go insane!!!!!!!!

Again, I DO LOVE BEING A MOMMY!!!!!! I just also like getting some sleep.

Now.......here I go to get some sleep!

Pray this night goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0